Best Used: To relax the mind, body and nervous system
This technique is incredible for me in relieving tension in my body and calming erratic emotions.
- Sit in a comfortable position or lie down in Corpse Pose
- Relax; close your eyes
- Exhale completely; inhale slowly and deeply through your nose. Allow your stomach to expand like a balloon when you inhale. Fill up your chest and upper lungs as you sip in your breath.
- Hold your breath; exhale slowly through your nose; squeezing out all of the stale air.
- If it helps, count your breaths to maintain a rhythm; inhale to a count of 3, hold your breath for 9, exhale to a count of 6. Once you feel good with that, increase to inhaling for a count of 5, holding your breath for a count of 15, and exhaling for a count of 10.
- Repeat 5-10 times.
These can be repeated like a mantra over and over while doing the breath technique:
- I drink deeply from the well of life.
- Relaxes the body and nervous system
- Purifies the respiratory system by expelling stale air
- Relieves tension
- Calms emotions
- Improves concentration
- Great for the complexion