Best Used: To bring calm, balance and serenity
When I’m feeling stressed or way out in my auric field and not in my center, this technique always helps bring me back to my center balance so I can focus on being.
ALTERNATE NOSTRIL BREATH
- Sit comfortably. Place the middle of the finger of your right hand on your forehead; your thumb rests on your right nostril; your ring and baby fingers rest on your left nostril.
- Inhale and exhale. Close right nostril with thumb; inhale through left nostril for a count of 6.
- Close both nostrils; hold your breath for a count of 6.
- Lift thumb; exhale for a count of 6 through your right nostil.
- Inhale through your right nostril; hold, close right nostril, and exhale through left nostril. This ends round 1.
- Repeat for 3-6 more rounds.
These can be repeated like a mantra over and over while doing the breath technique:
- I am balanced. I am calm. I am serene
- Balances the energy of the nervous system
- Profound stilling effect on the mind
NOTE: We breath in two hour cycles; first one nostril then the other nostril is dominant. Prolonged breathing through one side affects our energy. This technique restores the proper balance.One Love,